Saturday, March 10, 2012

the pure love of Christ

My New Testament class this semester has taught me things about Christ and His atonement that I never really understood before. There's so much to share that I'm not sure where to begin. I guess what it all comes down to is Moroni 7:47-48:
47 But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.
48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.
My teacher pointed out that charity is not the sum of all of our efforts to be like Christ, but is instead the love from Christ, given to us, which we then share with others as we follow Him.

I have decided to shift my purpose in writing this blog from sharing thoughts and doctrines that I study to sharing experiences as I try to share the love of Christ with others in my own life. I'll post less often, but hopefully what I have to share will be more inspiring, and I will become more able to share the love that Christ has shown to me with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment